Monday, November 4, 2013

So one of my Facebook friends just posted a thing saying she was going to be the one who caused trouble in nursing homes.
One time I had a hearing on a young male prisoner in segregation.  He was still young and full of piss and vinegar.  He had gotten into with a corrections officer and ended up locked up.  I did the hearing on him.  The officer assigned to monitor the hearing was a cute young female officer.  So as the hearing went on, the prisoner did not like my findings.  He said something to the effect that he and his crew were going to come find me when he got out.  I was curiously not intimidated by this statement.  I asked him how much longer he he had to serve.  He said like, twenty years.  I responded, greatly amused, "Twenty years!  I'll be in a nursing home by then!"  He said, "No you won't.  You'll be sitting right there at that typewriter, locking guys up!"   I said, "Yeah, I'll be locking up old people in their rooms."  Then I started laughing, the officer started laughing, and neither one of us could stop.  Finally the prisoner started laughing too.  Then he got into it.  He said he would trick out my wheel chair with gold rims.  We got so loud the unit manager came and looked into the room to see what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment