Sunday, November 24, 2013

Manners

As my knees got worse, I started using  a walker to get myself and my lap top and brief case around.  I had to go to the segregation unit almost every day at the Huron Valley Women's Facility.  It was a short  walk up to that unit.  One night I was walking back up to the control center at the end of the day, ready to go home.  There were two women who were assigned to work as porters in control center in the afternoon.  I was pretty slow at this point.  One of the porters was on her way in to work.  So she pulled the door open and waited for me.  I was still fifteen or twenty feet out.  I called out to her, "I'm going as fast as fast as
I can!"  She responded, "Don't worry about it.  I've got seven more years to do!"
Thanks for reminding me of this one Wanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment