Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I've been thinking about my early days with the Department of Corrections.  My first week, a new prisoner had come in.  Apparently, he became sexually frustrated and decided to use a shampoo bottle to address his problem.  Once he was inflated, however, he was unable to remove the shampoo bottle.  He finally had to be taken out of the facility to the local hospital emergency room.  It's all anyone was talking about.  I decided right then and there I was going to like this job.
I remember the first time I opened my desk drawer, it came all the way out and landed on the floor.  It was a harbinger of things to come.  One time at the women's facility the I could not connect to the department intranet, my printer died and I could not find a functioning copy machine.  I told my boss I felt like I was working in a third world country sometimes.  No luxury in the DOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment