Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Rest of the Story...


Today I visited my grandchildren for a while so my daughter in law could drive my car to the CVS and grocery store.  Olivia, age five, climbed into my lap and proceed to do a complete autobiography of two of her Monster High Dolls.  Apparently one of them could do some kind of magic thing so that the other one would be popular.  I asked Olivia what it meant to be popular.  She said it changes you.  So I asked, you mean it makes you into someone who is not really you?  She said yes.  Very interesting that she already knows what it does to you to chase popularity.
Then we did "Tell Me A Story".  I started the story with "Once upon a time, there was a really cute little girl named Olivia.  She went to school, and her teacher announced they were taking a field trip to the zoo."  Then I turned the story over to her.  She told me all about the animals she saw.  Then she said they went back to her school.  She said "and that's the end".  Then she said, " And I will finish the story when you come back on another day."   I laughed.